Wellness Support for Healthcare Workers
People who work in the caring professions are a higher risk group for developing emotional burnout, chronic fatigue and stress-related conditions. This usually applies to people who have chosen health care work - such as therapists, counsellors, nurses, social workers, healers and coaches. .
Working in a healthcare profession, and experiencing continuous, long term, emotional stress can lead to difficulties including:
- Experiencing a loss of joy and purpose in life
- Being increasingly unable to continue in your role as a carer or health professional
- Stress-related conditions including digestive issues, inflammatory conditions, fatigue, pain, anxiety or depression
- Feelings of frustration or anger at being exposed to high intensity and emotionally stressful situations on a regular basis
- Gradual erosion of your own feelings of personal identity, as your life focus increasingly operates around caring for others
One-to-One Coaching Support for Therapists and Healers
Coaching can help counsellors, healers and therapists to prevent, or recover from, emotional burnout by identifying the underlying beliefs and behaviour patterns which may be contributing toward your current experience.
It is possible to make changes which will help you to prevent emotional overload, and which will help your long-term well-being. These changes are based on improving healthy personal boundaries, creating practical action plans for improving your situation and quality of life, and exploring any underlying beliefs which are impacting your emotional well-being.
My coaching programmes are designed for people who have chosen to be in a caring profession because in this situation there is a level of personal accountability and flexibility for implementing long term changes.
here are a few issues which may be impacting the level of emotional stress that many health professionals and therapists may be experiencing:
- Beliefs linked to personal value and self-worth which are based upon having a caring identity
- Learning how to thrive with personality traits like high levels of empathy
- Co-dependency and relationship patterns
- Practical ways of pacing and managing activities
- Improving levels of practical and social support
- Balancing and recharging emotional, physical and mental energy levels
- Effective management of financial pressures and beliefs around money
- Connecting to a higher source of meaning and purpose